Welcome to The Starkey Mansion
Come experience the luxury of The Starkey Mansion. A luxury event destination and guest accommodations located in downtown Denver, Colorado.
Located in the heart of Denver’s historic Capitol Hill neighborhood just a block from Colorado’s State Capitol, The Starkey Mansion has a deep history that rivals any of its storied neighbors. The Cuthbert-Dines-Starkey Mansion was built in 1901 by Lucius Montrose Cuthbert and his wife, Gertrude Hill Berger Cuthbert. Gertrude was the sister to Denver socialite Mrs. Crawford Hill, one of Denver’s original “Sacred 36” members. The exclusive social club allowed members into the inner ranks of certain New York and Rhode Island societies.
The Starkey Mansion History
The Starkey Mansion is an old Georgian beauty that has never been allowed to decay. Rather, owners have continued to upgrade, polish, and refine its natural beauty. The four-story Georgian mansion has a formal Queen Anne style that is juxtaposed with modern art and furniture.
In December 1922, the Dines family took over ownership of the mansion, and it was kept in their nurturing hands for more than 50 years, and Allen Dines served in the Colorado legislature. From the mansion’s front steps, one can see the sun’s reflection off the golden dome of Colorado’s State Capitol building.
In July 1994, Mrs. Starkey purchased the mansion as the international site for The Starkey International Institute for Household Management. Over the last three decades, the mansion has served as headquarters for training and placing her graduates with the world’s high net worth. Mrs. Starkey is known as the “First Lady of Service,” As a guest, you will experience her expert eye for detail and service that will make you feel right at home.
Our Guests at The Starkey Mansion
See what our guests experience during one of our many
exquisite Denver wedding events at the Starkey Mansion
The Starkey Mansion Amenities
Over the last year, the Starkey Mansion has enjoyed yet another transformation. Mrs. Starkey has invested over $600,000 to uncover yet more of her mansion’s original splendor. It is magnificent, with its restored copper roof and hand-crafted windows that when opened, let in Colorado’s healing sun. Each of the bedrooms has its own HVAC system for individual heat and air control, as well as Mrs. Starkey’s themed décor that varies room-to-room. We have graced our birch floors with fine Persian and Afghani handmade rugs and a wonderful art collection that includes Picasso’s lithographs. We have six available suites or bedrooms strategically located throughout the mansion.
We have seven fireplaces, 4.5 bathrooms, a large traditional library with a grand piano, a lovely living room, and a dining room with pocket doors. Each bedroom has hand-chosen books and a lovely teapot for your relaxing pleasure. The home also offers a state-of-the-art kitchen, a fitness area, a massage area that’s available upon request (extra charge), and a billiards/cards room for your playful enjoyment.
Your stay at The Starkey Mansion will include:
- Hotel-level WiFi and TVs in each room
- Smart locks and an extensive security system
- Access to chef’s formal kitchen
- Ironed Egyptian cotton sheets
- Access to a formal sitting room, dining room, and library with a grand piano and a large collection of books
- Fitness room and massage table (book a massage with our private masseuse here)
- Billiards/cards room and fully stocked laundry room
- Beautiful, formal garden with fresh herbs, roses, wine vines, and hydrangeas, protected by a nine-foot wall. It’s the best-kept secret garden in the city.
- Plush bath towels, robes, and teapots in each room
- Bathrooms stocked with hair dryers, body wash, lotion, and more
- Cold and hot spring water and First Aid Kit available on each floor
- Coffee bar available in the butler’s pantry
- Smoking is permitted in the formal garden area only
- Outdoor grill and our authentic pizza oven available upon request
- Parking spaces available