Rental Rules: RENTER agrees to abide by the EVENT Rental Rules, as outlined within this document, at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else RENTER permits on the property to abide by the rules while at the property. Failure to comply with any rental rules without express written permission from the owner may result in partial or complete forfeiture of the deposit and/or fees.
EVENT VENUE AGREEMENT 1/5
- Smoking in any form is NOT allowed inside the property smoking is allowed outside in the garden. RENTER
Provide ashtrays and safe disposal options to persons participating in the event to eliminate fire hazards and littering of property and neighboring properties.
- OWNER or his AGENT must be advised of the name and contact information of any event planner, caterer, vendor or
equipment rental company that will be servicing the event at least 30 (Thirty) days before the event.
- OWNER or his AGENT must be advised of and approve all proposed logistical plans for the use of the premises at least
twenty (20) days before the event.
- Furnishings of the home shall not be taken outside of the house or be removed from the house. All property and all
furnishings of the home shall be kept in good order. The exceptions are the plastic banquet tables, folding chairs, and additional serving dishes and glassware. These items may be used outdoors but are not to be removed from the premises at any time.
- PETS: We understand pet owners enjoy traveling with their pets, and pets are accepted. Pet is not allowed to be involved in
any way with disturbances within the community, including the harassment, harm or nuisance of or to animals, humans, property or other unforeseen situations, the RENTER is solely responsible for full financial and moral liability inflicted regardless of circumstances. Furthermore, should the RENTER violate this agreement RENTER must maintain physical control of the pet at all times and NEVER leave a pet unattended; if at any point the pet is left unattended, you must kennel or find alternative solutions rather than leaving the pet alone and loose at our property. Pet owners accept full responsibility and liability for damages to the property from a pet. The Owner will be held harmless from any act resulting in harm to your pet, another animal or a person. Any complaints from neighbors regarding excessive noise or other nuisances may be cause for immediate eviction.
- Parking is limited at the property. Parking on adjacent lots or neighboring properties is permitted with the
consent of the property owners on a need basis. Any illegally parked vehicles are subject to towing; applicable fines and/or towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner; the OWNER or his AGENT can suggest alternate parking locations.
- RENTER shall see that the property (inside and outside) is left in a reasonable and tidy condition at the end of the
event. All trash shall be bagged, tied, and left in trash receptacles that are provided.
- Outdoor sound systems or boom boxes are allowed without the express approval of the OWNER or his AGENT but shall
stop or lower the sound by 10 pm.
- The OWNER or his AGENT must approve any use of Candles twenty (10) days prior to event. All candles must be
contained or enclosed in glass or nonflammable. The flame must not reach higher than 2 inches below the height of the glass.
- All decorations must be removed without leaving damages directly following the departure of the last guest, unless
special arrangements have been made between the RENTER and the OWNER or his AGENT.
- The only adhesive material allowed on the walls/pillars is drafting tape, which will not damage surfaces. No masking tape, duct tape, electrical tape, transparent tape, or double-stick tape is allowed. All other decorations must be freestanding. Nails, tacks, staples or other ‘piercing’ type fasteners are not allowed.
- Rice, birdseed, confetti, balloons, glitter, pyrotechnics, and sparklers are not permitted inside but permitted outside the facility.
- . Insurance: The RENTER must obtain and maintain General Liability Insurance, including Host Liquor liability, in an amount not less than $1,000,000 Combined Single Limit for Bodily Injury and Property Damage. Such insurance shall name The Starkey Mansion LLC located at 1350 N Logan Street, Denver, CO 80203, as additional insured. A certificate of insurance with an endorsement must be provided thirty (30) days before the event. (This insurance is separate from and in addition to insurance provided by the caterer if one is contracted.)
EVENT VENUE AGREEMENT 2/5
- 4 . Liquor / Beverage / Illegal Substances: Alcohol may not be served to minors. At any time, if the catering staff deems alcohol consumption to be excessive, the staff has the authority to close down all alcohol service and/or evict inebriated guests from the premises. In the event, neighboring residents or law enforcement contacts the OWNER or his AGENT, the OWNER or his AGENT has the authority to close down the event and evict RENTER and/or attendees as deemed appropriate.
The Starkey Mansion LLC will not serve alcohol minors under 21 years old.
– 5 No refunds will be given for inclement weather.
6The owner and his AGENT cannot be held responsible for: The failure of any other company due to said company’s error or service interruption (i.e. electricity, water, etc.). Act of neighbors such as: Construction, road repair, and maintenance or act of God. The owner reserves the right to enter the property at any time to investigate disturbances, check occupancy, check damages, and make repairs, alterations, and improvements.
- 7 If any provision of this AGREEMENT shall be held invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall remain valid and enforceable. Suppose a court finds that any provision of this AGREEMENT is invalid or unenforceable but that by limiting such provision, it would become valid and enforceable. In that case, such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
- 8 This AGREEMENT may be modified or amended if the amendment is made in writing and is signed by both parties.
- 9 In the event the RENTER is forced to change the date of the event or wedding, the OWNER or his AGENT will make every effort to transfer reservations to support the new date. The RENTER agrees that in the event of a date change, any expenses, including but not limited to deposits and fees that are nonrefundable and non-transferable, are the sole responsibility of the RENTER. The RENTER further understands that last-minute changes can impact the quality of the event and that OWNER and his AGENT is not responsible for these compromises of quality.
- 10In the event the OWNER or his AGENT are forced to cancel any reservations at any time before or upon the date of the EVENT, the OWNER or his AGENT will refund in full all fees and deposits paid towards the EVENT within 14 days unless the RENTER has damaged property. The RENTER agrees to hold the OWNER and his AGENT harmless for any lost fees, expenses, or subsequent fees and expenses as a result of the cancellation of the event. Such cancellations could be a result of County, State, or Local ordinances enacted, acts of God, or other legal entities enforcing restrictions of the use of the property at the time of the EVENT.
- INTERNET: This property may include Internet service free of charge, for a fee, or both. The use of the Internet at this property is a luxury and not a right. Refer to the welcome packet for best practices on the Internet to avoid excessive bandwidth usage. Terms and Conditions of Internet Use: Tampering in any manner with the Internet service, including cable, router, modem, software or other hardware, is expressly forbidden. At no time shall any resets to the hardware be authorized. This Internet network may be monitored remotely, and should the network administrator determine unauthorized handling or use has or is occurring, reserves the right to block all users from the network for an undetermined period of time. Additionally, if it is determined that any portion of the internet/VOIP components, network, or software has been manipulated, the OWNER or his AGENT reserve the right to take appropriate action, including forfeiture of deposits, eviction, or legal action. If at any time the network provider notifies the OWNER or his AGENT of illegal use of the network, the Network Administrator will surrender all data relating to the offending user to the appropriate authorities for further legal action. By using our Internet service, you hereby expressly acknowledge and agree that there are significant security, privacy and confidentiality risks inherent in accessing or transmitting information through the Internet, whether the connection is facilitated through wired or wireless technology. Security issues include, without limitation, interception of transmissions, loss of data, and the introduction of viruses and other programs that can corrupt or damage your computer. Accordingly, you agree that the owner and/or provider of this network is NOT liable for any interception or transmissions, computer worms or viruses, loss of data, file corruption, hacking or damage to your computer or other devices that result from the transmission or download of information or materials through the internet service provided.
Use of the wireless network is subject to the general restrictions outlined below. If abnormal, illegal, or unauthorized behavior is detected, including heavy consumption of bandwidth, the network provider reserves the right to permanently disconnect the offending device from the wireless network.
EVENT VENUE AGREEMENT 3/5
Examples of Illegal Uses
The following are representative examples only and do not comprise a comprehensive list of illegal uses:
1 Spamming and invasion of privacy – Sending of unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages over
the Internet using the Service or using the Service for activities that invade another’s privacy.
2 Intellectual property right violations – Engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the
intellectual property rights of others, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks,
trade secrets, or any other proprietary right of any third party.
3 Accessing illegally or without authorization computers, accounts, equipment, or networks belonging to another party or attempting to
Penetrate/circumvent security measures of another system. This includes any activity that may be used as a precursor to an attempted system penetration, including, but not limited to, port scans, stealth scans, or other information-gathering activity.
4 The transfer of technology, software, or other materials in violation of applicable export laws and regulations.
5 Export Control Violations
6 Using the Service in violation of applicable law and regulation, including, but not limited to, advertising, transmitting, or otherwise
making available Ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, fraudulently charging credit cards, pirating software, or making fraudulent offers to
sell or buy products, items, or services.
7 Uttering threats;
8 Distribution of pornographic materials to minors;
9 Child pornography.
10 Any amenities or supplies listed as available for RENTER use is not to be construed as promised nor quantities guaranteed. OWNER or his AGENT will make every effort to provided listed amenities or supplies but does not guarantee delivery, condition or quantity.
– 11 . RENTER AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD OWNER AND HIS AGENT HARMLESS AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY FEES AND EXPENSES) ARISING BY REASON OF INJURY TO OR DEATH OF ANY PERSON OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY OCCURING ON, IN, OR ABOUT THE PROPERTY, FROM THE USE OF THE PROPERTY BY RENTER OR ANY OF ITS INVITEES OR GUESTS, OR VENDORS, OR FROM ANY BREACH OF BY RENTER OF ANY CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, OR FROM ANY ACT OR NEGLIGENCE OF RENTER, OR ITS INVITEES, GUESTS, OR VENDORS, IN OR ABOUT THE PROPERTY, EVEN IF CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE RENTING A PRIVATE HOME. PLEASE TREAT IT WITH THE SAME RESPECT YOU WOULD LIKE SHOWN TO YOUR OWN HOME.
- 12 By checking the box “I have read and agree to the rules and restrictions” on the reservation/booking page and reserving this rental, or by confirming a reservation outside of the online reservation system with the OWNER or his AGENT, you and your party are accepting the above terms and agree that this contract is binding.