Classic. Warm. Elegant. We welcome you to throw your next party, wedding or family gathering in this storied downtown mansion that’s been a gathering place for Colorado politicians, socialites and families for more than a century.
When you book an event at The Starkey Mansion, we expect you to linger and enjoy all it has to offer. From the Picasso lithographs on the walls to our private massage services to the beautiful photo opportunities, you’ll have everything you will need for a memorable day or weekend.
Available for Event bookings: Seven days per week.
Max occupancy: We can accommodate 100 guests for outdoor events and 65 guests for indoor events. All events must have a maximum guest number of 100 whether inside or out in the garden.
Pricing: $2,500 per day for events held outside with up to 65 guests. For all events more than 65 persons up to 100 guests the cost is $3,200 paid in advance to reserve your event; a $1,000 security deposit is required. The above provides you use of the full garden, and the main floor of the Mansion and two bathrooms. For additional bathrooms, you can rent 2 more bathrooms provided in a lovely trailer from a bathroom company. For weddings there is a billiards room for the men to change into their tux. For Bride and her bridesmaids, you might reserve one of our beautiful bedrooms on the second floor.
Free parking for guests and vendors in the parking lot behind the mansion (available Friday night through Sunday night- weekends).
We welcome overnight stays of your in or out of town guests in our mansion’s six bedrooms.
You must book rooms or the entire mansion through our Air B&B listing.
The Starkey Mansion for reception events, prefers you contract with our partner Event Manager, Marcus Allen for all culinary, alcohol, music, service, tables and chairs and full management of your event. For more information “click here” to contact us.
- Formal dining table that seats 14 for indoor rehearsal dinner
- The Mansion Garden is exceptional for private bridal receptions and sit- down food for up to 100 guests
- Access to professional kitchen: 12-burner stove, two dishwashers, prep table, butler pantry with coffee makers
- Billiards, darts/game room
- Laundry room and floral prep room
Outdoor events include:
- Direct backdoor access to kitchen for catering team and other vendors, as well as direct access to garden
- Enclosed, private garden behind nine-foot brick walls with stone patio, herb garden, brick pizza oven, and bridal walk with pedestal
- Beautiful landscape and flowers: hydrangeas, wine vines, roses, herbs and separate entrance out to Logan Street
- Twinkle light canopy
- Seven circular garden tables with chairs outside for outdoor garden reception or event (outdoor garden can seat 100 for reception)
- We are not set up to accommodate large bands; DJs and small musical ensembles are welcome (must provide own AV equipment) Loud Music outside must cease at 10:00 pm
- Beautiful, Italian-made outdoor acrylic plates/tumblers available for 32 guests
- Three-minute walk to the Colorado Capitol, the Denver Art Museum, the Catholic Basilica, St. John’s Cathedral and Civic Center Park—perfect for photo ops
- Must have an insured caterer and licensed alcohol vendor (both provided through our event manager)
- Must hire our in-house event manager, Marcus Allen from Of The Vine Events and Catering to coordinate the event. We cannot recommend him enough, and he’ll keep everyone organized and running smoothly with complete clean-up so you can have the most beautiful event. We do allow outside caterers.
- Must adhere to quiet hours after 10 p.m. in the garden; all events must end by midnight
- No smoking inside (only allowed in outdoor ashtrays)
- No nailing, screwing or attaching decorations on furniture, floor or wall
- Furniture may only be moved at owner’s permission and supervision
- A large Tent may be rented through the mansion for events with expected rain, $1,200 fee.
- No glitter or birdseed on the premises
- We require all our guests to purchase event insurance.
- Must provide own IT and AV equipment and services for music, slideshows, photo booths and more
You must pay rental fee prior to event to reserve your spot, in addition to a $1,000 damage deposit. We only accept checks or cash. You will be responsible for covering any property damage.
Vendors: We have a pianist/violinist, and event manager that we highly recommend. Please let us know if you’d like us to coordinate with these vendors.
To book an event or schedule a tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (303) 888-5670.